Update :- SDK for Android version (4.4) added!
I searched all over the internet and found no posts like this, hence I’m making one hoping it would be helpful for a lot of people.
The magic URL used to be – http://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/repository.xml (Outdated)
That is the XML file from which the URL for downloading the SDK packages are obtained.
Update :- The previous URL is now invalid, the new URL is given below
Update 2:- The URL has changed again, thanks to the post readers
Update 3 :- New URL
For e.g. if you want to download Android SDK for version 4.0.3 for all platforms, you could look up that XML file. You will find a block under tag SDK 4.0.3 like this
<sdk:archive arch=”any” os=”any”>
So the URL will be is http://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/android-15_r01.zip
If all the above sounds too complex
You can directly download from the below links. If this page does turn out to be useful, then I might update it regularly. Do leave a comment to let me know if it has helped you.
Android SDK Platform 4.4 (*** NEW ***)
Android SDK Platform 4.2.2
Android SDK Platform 4.1.2
Android SDK Platform 4.0.3
Android SDK Platform 4.0
Android SDK Platform 3.2 revision 1
Android SDK Platform 3.1 revision 3
Android SDK Platform 3.0, revision 2
Android SDK Platform 2.3.3_r2
Android SDK Platform 2.3.1_r2
Android SDK Platform 2.2_r3
— OLDER LINKS (Still working) —
Android SDK Platform Honeycomb Preview, revision 1
Android SDK Platform 2.3.3_r1 (Offline complete download) – Approx 80 MB
Android SDK Platform 2.3_r1 (Offline complete download) – Approx 80 MB
Android SDK Docs for Android API 7, revision 1 – Approx 48 MB
To install android component do following steps
- Run android sdk manager on offline machine
- Click on show/hide log window
- here youu will find all the list of xml files where packages are available
Fetched Add-ons List successfully
Fetching URL: https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/repository-7.xml
Validate XML: https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/repository-7.xml
Parse XML: https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/repository-7.xml
https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/addons_list-2.xml is main xml file where all other package list is available.
lets say you want to download platform api-9 and it is available on repository-7 then you have to do following steps
- note the repository address and go to any other machine which has internet connection and type following link in any browser
- Search for
<sdk:url>**android-2.3.1_r02-linux.zip**</sdk:url>under the api version which you want to download. This is the file name which you have to download. to download this file you have to type following URI in any downloader or browser and it will start download the file.
General rule for any file replace android-2.3.3_r02-linux.zip with your package name
- Once the download is complete,paste downloaded ZIP(or other format for other os) file in your flash/pen drive and paste the zip file at
<android sdk dir>/temp(ex:-
c:\android-sdk\temp) folder/directory in your offline machine.
- Now start the SDK manager and select the package which you have paste in temp and click Install package button. Your package has been installed.
- Restart your eclipse and AVD manager to get new packages.
Note:- if you are downloading sdk-tools or sdk platform-tools then choose the package for OS which is on offline machine(windows/Linux/Mac).
This has changed for android 4.4.2. .. you should look in the repository file and download https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/repository-10.xml
- android-sdk_r20.0.1-windows.zip ( I think that is actually windows specific tools)
- android-19_r03.zip for all platform ( actual api) and store under platforms in #1
In manual install dir structure should look like
Now you have to..
- download win SDK helper ( avd/SDK magr): https://dl.google.com/android/android-sdk_r20.0.1-windows.zip
- actual sdk api https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/android-20_r01.zip
- samples https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/samples-19_r05.zip
- images : https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/sys-img/x86/sys-img.xml e.g. https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/sysimg_armv7a-18_r02.zip extract in : “Platforms > Android-4.4.2>”
- platform-tools: https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools_r19.0.1-windows.zip
- build-tools: create folder (build-tools at main sdk level) https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/build-tools_r17-windows.zip
- copy aapt.exe, aidl.exe and dr.bat to platform-tools folder.
- you may download tools as well same way
- source: https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/sources-19_r02.zip
At this point you should have a working android installation.